Friday, June 25, 2010

99.5RT Outing in Subic! (DAY 1)

I'm sure some of you noticed the lack of talk from RT from Monday-Wednesday hehe.
Well, what happened was...we went on vacation!

We didn't have one for quite some time, so this was such a break for all of us! I started packing everything on Sunday (I was so busy, I didn't even get to check my FACEBOOK. GASP. SIN!! lol) and we left early Monday morning. We all met up at the station and recorded last minute plugs and scripts. Everyone was on this strange natural high because we all rarely get to see each other everyday since our timeslots never allow it. The only people I see regularly are Carrissa, Sam and Gibb, Slyde, and Migz, since their slots sandwich mine, but the rest like The DK, Neil, David Ardiente, Koji, and Ron aren't always there.
If you were listening that Monday morning at around 10, you KNOW we were really freakin' excited for the trip 'coz while one Farmer was trying to talk and intro a song, we were all making noises like a bunch of monkeys at a zoo! It wasn't very nice of us, but we were all so happy...that and the kid needs to be broken in ;) hahaha! But no, he's cool.

We all left the station in 2 vans. The van I rode in had Da Kidd driving, Carrissa was in front 'coz she would get motion sickness (shhh don't tell her I told you), Sam, Gibb, and I sat in the second row, and Ron was in the backseat.

The other van had Neil driving (with his GPS! NUX!), Koji was in the front seat, then Marf, Cleo, Migz, and Slyde were in the back. My dad, Jeremiah Jr, and King DJ Logan rode in a separate car because they brought their mountain bikes.

Lunch time rolled in and we stopped by this place in Katipunan called "Countryside" and ATE ATE ATE. Then after that, well, we got to Subic! Well, what really happened was everyone kinda passed out due to severe food coma (YUM) and just kinda woke up when we got to Subic. I kind of remember a few people talking to me in the van, but I guess they realized I was asleep so they were just like, whatever (I sleep with my eyes open lol go figure).
Once we all got to the house, we ran like kids moving into a new home, trying to claim the best room/bed in the place. The girls got the master bed room because it had our own bathroom, and the men just kinda looked for their spots to settle in. Everyone still had food coma inertia so we all just kinda sat in our own corners and slept/stared at walls. That was at around 2:40 in the afternoon. After a few of us kinda "woke up", some left to go do the groceries. My dad and Logan stepped out to explore the terrain, and Koji and Neil left to go fishing. I got left behind 'coz someone had to watch the house and Marf and Cleo were still asleep.

I remember stepping out to read a little from this book I brought then thinking to myself about what the hell I would do if a monkey showed up and started throwing shit at me. That thought kind of discouraged me from going outside alone ('coz I really wouldn't be able to defend myself against a shit-flinging primate) and just stepped inside.

I was about to sleep when the grocery batch came back with boxes upon boxes of beer...and oh yeah, food, too. They had beer for all kinds of tastes, and food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I saw bacon (my mouth was kinda watering because I was telling them earlier about how I love breakfast food for dinner), I saw...well, that's all about I remember seeing, then I left, I don't remember what I did after that.

Oh yeah! I finally found kasama 'coz I really, really wanted to go outside. Sam, Gibb, and I were out on the bench drinking a few beers, then Carrissa joined us and time just went by until the evening dawned (ironic, yes?) and everyone started setting up for dinner.

Da Kidd was making nilaga, and Koji and Migz were getting the grill ready for some liempooo! Woo!

When everything was cooked, I brought out the bottle of tuyo flakes in olive oil I've been carrying around since my dad and I left home that morning to meet up with everyone at the station (I LOVE TUYO) and just slathered my rice in that awesome salt. Cleo and I cleaned out the bottle. Gibb helped, too. Now I realize that throughout the entire trip, I consistently ate for 3 people (three cups of rice for every meal, no fail--breakfast, lunch, and dinner). YUM.

After dinner, Ron brought out his laptop and started playing some of the best music on the planet (shameless plug there lulz) and we were all just super soundtripping. We took a few pictures, playing around with Neil's flash thing, and we ate some more. A little while later, some of the boys found an extra king-sized mattress and just laid it out in the sala in the middle of the two couches. It was right in front of the TV.

I passed out at around 11 'coz I was so tired, but I could still hear them laughing downstairs. I had a pretty good sleep, too. It felt like a really, really slow Sunday. I loved it!

**insert first night picture here(still don't have 'em so BRB on that one LOLOLOL**

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

she slept, so she didn't see the hilariously infamous "underwear run" by - - - - ngiyahahahaaa :P